Thursday, March 13, 2014

Doilies

I love me some doilies. I love me many doilies. I love working them, I love admiring them when they're done. I hate blocking them, and once they're done they usually sit in a plastic bin, unblocked, but I adore doing them.

I've decided to just embrace this, and embrace one of my favourite places to find doily patterns, and challenge myself over the next while to knit all of the patterns from a particular site. Yarn Over has translations of a specific Danish site, and I've knit a healthy chunk of them already. I'm aiming to finish off the ones I haven't yet done over the course of this year (possibly and next.. who knows!)

I'm operating on a 'pics or it doesn't count' method here, which I think only is relevant for some of the little ones, which honestly are no big deal to knit again if I can't find a photo.

Doilies from Kunststrik.dk:

Alita - not done

Egeblad - Jan 2006


Fanodugen - Dec 2009


Flacon - Can't find pictures, I'll just do it again.

Lille Rund Serviet - I know I've knit this one, but I can't find a photo.

Mommes Lysedug - Oct 2010 But I can't find a finished picture of it.


Pafuglehale - Not done. I dont even much care for it, but perhaps in a good colour it won't be so bad.

Spiralen - I've knit the hell out of this more times than I can count.


Stor Lysedug - In progress.


Stor Rund Dug - Sept 2005


Syvstjernen - Not done yet.

Three and a half big doilies in the queue, and two little ones. Not half bad! Damn I have a lot of doilies. :)

No comments: