Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pi shawl

Someday, I really will have it all together and be wonderfully organized and scheduled and all the rest of it. I think that will also involve being composting in a pine box.. so irregular and sporadic updates will just have to do.

This is my pi shawl as of the end of March. Pi shawls, for the uninitated are an unvention of Elizabeth Zimmerman, the knitting guru of all knitting gurus. The shaping of the shawl is based on the fact that the circumference of a circle doubles as the radius doubles. Which in knitting terms means you've got chunks of no shaping and then a round of increases. In those chunks, it just begs for some lace.

I have since moved into the next increase section (576 stitches per round.. takes for damn ever), and a new lace pattern. It has to finish sooner rather than later, I only have about 70 grams of yarn left.. this is a finate thing! It will be done! Probably just in time to start another one. For a person who doesnt wear shawls, I seem to knit a lot of them.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: